2019 was an incredible year for the National Inventors Hall of Fame. A few highlights include:
- Taking 178,172 students on an innovation exploration journey through their PreK-12 invention education programs, including Camp Invention®.
- Welcoming a new class of 19 Inductees into the NIHF family and sharing their stories with more than 35,000 NIHF Museum visitors.
- Creating and maintaining valued partnerships with more than 22,000 sponsors, donors and educators across the country.
- Investing in new research to demonstrate the benefits of education programs.
- Providing more than 62,000 underserved children with an immersive STEM experience, supported by sponsors and donors.
*Taken from http://2019annualreport.invent.org/#6thA
This year the NIHF program Camp Invention program is celebrating 30 years of big ideas! Last summer the Make48 team was invited to see the innovative program at the Park University location in Kansas City, MO. Click here to see our experience.
Camp Invention is a 5-day summer STEAM camp presented by the National Inventors Hall of Fame (NIHF) as part of their Innovation Ecosystem for PreK-12th grade programs, the Collegiate Inventors Competition, and their Hall of Fame Museum.
The camp that encourages STEM learning is back on this summer to include both at-home and in-person options (format will vary by location). Camp Invention Connect™ reaches far beyond what you’ve come to expect from distance learning, inspiring confidence and creativity through independent, hands-on exploration.
How does it work?
The in-person program contains kits and instructions for a week of fun! Designed to challenge children to create, explore and use innovative thinking, Camp Invention Connect encompasses:
- Activity kits packed full of fun materials are shipped directly to each participant.
- Daily challenges to motivate children to go outdoors, get active and stretch their imaginations.
- Choose a screen-free, self-led experience or connect with certified education Coaches and fellow campers for online collaboration sessions.
- The need for parental involvement is kept to a minimum, while creativity and exploration are unlimited.
Parents and educators who would like to learn more about Camp Invention Connect can visit their website and sign up, using their access the registration page and connect with a NIHF program in your area.