Make48: Inventing Against the Clock
Teams apply and compete to develop a new commercial product idea in a 48 hour invent-a-thon weekend.
Teams have 48 hours to plan, prototype and pitch a new idea within the specifications of a challenge, revealed at the start of the 48 hours.
- Teams build a prototype.
- Teams utilize a variety of tools, materials, work spaces and expert guidance provided by a resource-rich fabrication workshop. The workshop and staff, “tool techs”, provide the resources to prototype ideas of ranging complexity for competitors of varying building expertise.
- Pitch your idea to the judges.
- Licensing potential.
- Top team get cash prize and we follow the product development journey in a documentary style TV series.
Top teams receive:
- Custom Make48 Trophies
- Exclusive Licensing Consideration
- Potential product development
ALL TEAMS will receive:
Showcase your talents and idea to top brands, investors and industry experts.
Learn about the tools, materials and tricks available to help you prototype an idea! Led by fabrication experts, see and experience, hands-on, prototyping techniques with the latest tools such as 3-D printers, laser cutters and molding/forming machines.
Meet speakers, sponsors, other team finalists and VIP guests. Influential and knowledgeable people in the invention community, gathered to share, help and see you amaze.
Lots of SWAG & FUN!
From books, tools, t-shirts and energizing treats, along with a few SURPRISES, teams will take away more than they expected and do more than they thought they would…or could!
Make48 October 2016
Competition Theme – Innovative Household Products
Make48 June 2016
Competition Theme – Eco-Friendly Household Products
Make48 October 2015
Competition Theme – Barbeque
Make48 April 2015
Competition Theme – Kitchen